Here's a rundown of the most frequently asked questions (FAQ's) about our tasty and innovative MSM + BIOTIN | Hair Nutrients Blend.
● What is MSM? MSM is an organic sulfur compound found in various foods, humans and animals. Sulfur is an essential element for all life forms and is the third most abundant mineral in the human body.
One of the key roles of MSM is to provide the necessary sulfur for the production of amino acids, enzymes, and other important compounds. Sulfur is a crucial component of various biochemical processes, including the synthesis of cartilage, keratin and collagen.
MSM, often referred to as the "beauty mineral," offers several benefits for hair, skin, and nails, primarily through its role in collagen and keratin production, as well as its impact on overall health:
Collagen Production: MSM promotes collagen synthesis, crucial for maintaining skin elasticity and preventing wrinkles. Enhanced collagen production can lead to smoother and more youthful-looking skin.*
Keratin Formation: MSM contributes to the formation of keratin, a protein vital for strong and healthy hair and nails. This helps reduce brittleness and promote hair and nail growth.*
Beauty Mineral: Its ability to improve the overall health of skin, hair, and nails has earned MSM the nickname "beauty mineral." Clinical studies show that MSM may improve hair volume, density and strength.*
Cartilage Support: MSM is essential for maintaining cartilage health, making it beneficial for joint health. By supporting cartilage, it may alleviate joint discomfort and enhance mobility, contributing to an active lifestyle.*
Immune System Support: MSM may boost the immune system indirectly by enhancing the body's production of glutathione, a powerful free radical scavenger that helps combat oxidative stress and bolster overall immune function.*
● Will Biotin cause unwanted hair growth on other parts of my body? This product is formulated to stimulate the growth of hair on the scalp, not the body. Hair growth patterns on the body are largely determined by hormones and genetics. Biotin deficiency can definitely impact hair loss and normalizing biotin levels has been shown to support hair growth. There is no evidence to suggest that biotin will lead to growth in less desired areas of the body. Biotin supplements are very safe and as a water-soluble B vitamin, any amount that your body doesn't use is excreted in the urine.
● Will MSM cause headaches or other severe side effects? It's essential to recognize that not all MSM products are created equal. Many individuals who have reported adverse effects may have been using low-quality, untested, and unregulated MSM supplements. Some sellers claim that their MSM is 100% pure but fail to disclose whether it has undergone third-party testing or received GRAS designation. GRAS stands for "Generally Recognized As Safe" by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Currently, the only MSM brand with GRAS designation available in the market is OptiMSM.
Other brands of MSM use crystallization to isolate the MSM molecule. As this crystallized material cools, occlusions can develop that trap contaminants within the MSM and lead to material that may contain heavy metals, residual water, and other impurities.
In contrast, our MSM + BIOTIN | Hair Nutrients Blend contains OptiMSM, which is the only MSM produced exclusively in the U.S., is manufactured in a cGMP-certified facility and undergoes regular safety, quality, and consistency testing. OptiMSM is considered safe and well-tolerated, with minimal to no side effects.
● Can I take this product with other hair growth vitamins? Our MSM + BIOTIN formulation is designed to provide all the necessary components for promoting healthy hair growth without the need for additional hair growth vitamins. Our carefully curated blend includes essential ingredients that nourish the scalp, strengthen follicles, reduce shedding, and support the growth of strong, healthy hair.*
● Can I take this if I'm pregnant and/or breastfeeding? As with any vitamin or supplement, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult with a qualified health care professional before using.
● Will this product cure my alopecia? According to FDA regulations, manufacturers of vitamins and supplements are prohibited from making claims of curing, treating, or preventing any disease or medical condition. So, while we can point you to testimonials from users who have reported success with our products in managing certain conditions, we are unable to make direct medical claims.
● Why does this product contain 4 grams of sugar? Raw MSM powder is known for its intensely bitter taste, which can be challenging to mute. After extensive research and development efforts spanning several years, we have successfully harnessed the power of natural flavors and a modest amount of natural sugar to create an MSM powder that is not only non-bitter but also easy to take and exceptionally palatable, making it the best tasting, naturally flavored and sweetened option on the market.
It's worth noting that the 4 grams of sugar found in one daily serving of our MSM + BIOTIN supplement is considerably lower than the sugar content in a typical medium-sized apple, and this amount is not considered excessive. According to the American Heart Association, individuals can safely consume between 25-36 grams of sugar a day.
● Can I get all of the MSM I need by eating sulfur-rich foods? Since the amount of MSM found naturally in foods is small, MSM supplementation provides the most comprehensive benefits for hair, skin, nails, and overall well-being.
● Can I take MSM if I'm allergic to sulfa drugs? Yes. There have been no verifiable cases of an allergic reaction to MSM including through pathways similar to sulfa-drugs. Although both contain sulfur, that is where their similarities end. Sulfa-drugs contain a chemical group called sulfonamide, which generally are the cause of allergic reactions as they metabolize, and specific side chains are released. The allergy-causing compounds bear no resemblance structurally or functionally to MSM. However, as with any vitamin or supplement, if you have a medical condition, take medication or are under the supervision of a medical doctor, consult with a healthcare professional before using.